1 (edited by drvdd 2021-04-10 10:59:14)

Topic: AIO internal Crosstalk/Channel bleed - Solved

Hi,
I have the challenge, that I got crosstalk between channels of my AIO since a couple of weeks.
I tried to disconnect all external connections in order to exclude bad cables.

To be more specific: I am routing the audio signal of an app to e.g. AES. At the output I set the signal level of the AES to 0 (tried mute as well), but I am able to hear the AES signal (very quietly). This is not nice, but not such a big deal.

But, it happened with external gear, as well. I am using Totalmix as an intelligent patch bay for my guitar pre-amps. This worked for years, but now I have this bleed-through of the signals, which means, that my clean guitar has a distorted high gain sound in the background. Right now, I have to disconnect all unused gear, which is "sad".

The hardware setup is: AIO with 4 Input add-on board, driver/firmware updates from February 2021. The card is running within a Sonnet TB3 Case and a Mac mini 2018 (Catalina).

I have to point out, that the the setup did not change within the last year and I did not had the issue in the past.
Thanks in advance!

Re: AIO internal Crosstalk/Channel bleed - Solved

Did you try a total reset in Totalmix ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

How do you hear the AES signal? You could check by connecting AES out to in at the card and see via TM FX level meters or DIGICheck how much really comes in.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by drvdd 2021-04-10 11:06:57)

Thanks for the quick help!

I did a total reset of TM - the problem is gone. In 100 years, I wouldn't had think about that.

@MC: I did not see any level at the TM output. The reset helped, this was my first issue in 7 years of ownership. Thanks for the great support / reliable products...

I knew that you don't see level at the output. If the mixer screwed up and therefore shows no level at the output, at the input you would have seen it. That's why I recommended external loopback just to check. But glad the reset helped!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME