Topic: unbalanced signal ff800

I am a happy owner of a fireface 800 from several years.
A few months ago I started having problems such as: the board would start to disconnect from the computer, shut itself down, until one day it stopped powering up. I decided to buy a new power supply through the RME shop/sfb electronics site, I replaced it very easily without soldering anything to the pcb, connected the ground and closed the case. I plugged it in and the board happily powered up and was recognized by the pc again. unfortunately all the odd inputs and outputs (except the headphone output) of the board are uniformly unbalanced (approximately 3-6 db difference from its corresponding channel). I ask if I did something wrong in the replacement or if there is some switch to calibrate as it seems to be a problem of phase as changing pair of monitors (with palmer monicon controller) the problem occurs only on a couple of speakears (ie the signal arrives quite unbalanced on the left spekear ) but from totalmix is balanced.
i don't know how to do it, hope to have your help
thanks in advance

Re: unbalanced signal ff800

Such an error is not possible by changing the ps. Possible causes: TM FX not correctly initialized - try a Total Reset from the Options menu. Check all your plugs being inserted correctly on the back. Also: did you use those affected outputs before? Or is is possible that this imbalance has been there already and wasn't noticed? Such an effect usually points to dryed up output capacitors at the output connectors - sometimes just because of age, sometimes due to phantom power fed to them..

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME