Topic: UFX Analog inputs 1-8 send unprocessed audio to Zoom without loopback

I am experiencing an unexpected behavior of a UFX on a new Mac Mini M1 where Analog Inputs 1-8 all send their full gain into Zoom with or without loopback and regardless of fader settings in TotalMix. However, the mic inputs (Analog 9-12) behave normally when I route them into Zoom using loopbacks. I haven’t tested ADAT inputs. I have the UFX installed with the latest firmware and drivers.

I’m not sure if this is an RME issue, or Mac (Big Sur) or both. However I need to be able to control the Zoom input levels from Analog 1-8 (just like I can with AN 9-12) because we are sending wireless mic inputs (Shure UFXD) into those analog inputs for our meetings; in addition to wired mics into mic pres in AN 9-10.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this or has any insight into how this unprocessed routing of AN 1-8 directly into Zoom is happening?

The work-around that seems to be a temporary fix for now is to go to the Mac Audio MIDI settings and change the input stream on the RME from AN 1-8 to ADAT 1-8. When I do that, if I have the loopback ‘ON’ I can control the gain/mute/etc. being sent into Zoom from AN 1-8. However, if I turn loopback “OFF” it reverts to the abnormal behavior where the full input gain of AN 1-8 is sent into Zoom with no way to control the signal. Very strange.

Maybe I’m overlooking something. Any advice appreciated.

2 (edited by waedi 2021-04-12 19:03:28)

Re: UFX Analog inputs 1-8 send unprocessed audio to Zoom without loopback

I don't have Zoom I only can tell from Logic.
Logic receives all input signals directly without Loopback. This is normal.
Loopback is useful for sending a submix to Zoom or any DAW.
There is nothing need to do in Totalmix for receiving the input signals in a DAW or Zoom.
I think everything is fine. you have to understand Totalmix better.
The RME Totalmix Youtube videos are very important. Watch them.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue