Topic: Sorry I can't record my electric guitar inside my new babyface pro

On the input 3 and 4 I can't find the selector (on the total mix) for instrument or line to record an hi/z instrument or a line instrument...
I had a babyface (first version), and I selected from the total mix "instrument"...But now I can't find the selector.. Thank you!!!

Re: Sorry I can't record my electric guitar inside my new babyface pro

There is no selector, and it is not needed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by sentiero76 2020-01-14 23:15:58)

MC wrote:

There is no selector, and it is not needed.

Sorry but I can't understand.  If I want record a line signal (a mixer output or a keyboard) I don't need gain and it's ok... But if I need to record one electric guitar I need 20, 30 or 40 db of gain...  Is it possible to record a feeder strato from the input 3 or 4 or isn't?  Thank you

Hi, i push up this Topic, because i would like to know if is there some news about it.
In Babyface (first version), you can record one e.guitar into the instrument input and amp it as you want.
In babyface pro you go inside the instrument input, but you cant amp it..
Is it right?
So how can you record a guitar "in the fly"?

Question has already been answered. It says on the front page: https://www.rme-audio.de/babyface-pro-fs.html "You can plug any instrument, line or high impedance, into Babyface Pro’s jack inputs 3 & 4"

Your old Babyface shared inputs, so a switch was necessary. You new one provides additional Hi-Z inputs that can be used for Line and Inst. No switch needed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by torbenscharling 2021-04-18 10:23:47)

Ya basically to cut it out in paper: the instrument input on the original shared input with the XLR 2, since the BF and BF FS has dedicated jack inputs for channel 3 & 4, which do not share anything with the XLR's on input 1 & 2, there's no need to do any switching, so just plug your guitar in and gain up.