Topic: Availability in U.K.

Is the lack of availability in the U.K. right now (several months by the looks) due to Brexit or the AKM factory fire, or something else?

Would be good to have some indication of when new stock could be expected here...

2 (edited by Curt962 2021-04-17 02:15:04)

Re: Availability in U.K.

Everyday.

Hang in there Friend!   We'll have to let RME address your query officially, but we have RME product "In Stock" here in the US!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail … -converter

Sorry for your UK availability difficulties, but Man...it's worth the wait if necessary. 

Best of Luck!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

We have a global chip crisis plus high demand of components, which drives lead times to get components to 50 weeks and up. We are still producing DACs with AKM chip, and delivery is not that much delayed. It's more that it sells like Fish'n Chips and therefore is not easily available. And we can't ramp up our production for the mentioned reasons. If we could we would do, of course...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Curt962 2021-04-17 04:15:57)

The Chip Crisis of which MC speaks is Gospel Truth, and in absolutely NO way, some Corporate Double Speak BS!    Hardest Hit, are Auto Makers who are presently, and I mean RIGHT NOW, pulling their Hair out in an attempt to build their newest Intelligent Vehicles.  How can they do it without I.C.s with which to make the Auto work?

But...Thanks M.C. for the insights from RME's perspective.   Yes, the RME product DOES sell like mad!   

I had a fun, off-line chat with my retailer who asked:  "what's up with these RMEs?   We get Ten, but we have Twenty on order!"

Well,

When your RME Good, you're ALWAYS in short supply.

Curt

MC wrote:

We have a global chip crisis plus high demand of components, which drives lead times to get components to 50 weeks and up. We are still producing DACs with AKM chip, and delivery is not that much delayed. It's more that it sells like Fish'n Chips and therefore is not easily available. And we can't ramp up our production for the mentioned reasons. If we could we would do, of course...

Thanks for the clarity. No problems, completely understand - I guess that’s what happens when you make a good product, eh?

6 (edited by Curt962 2021-04-17 15:14:57)

Everyday,

By all means, get yourself on a pre-order list with your favorite retailer!

I'm disappointed for you, but it was almost 3yrs ago when I myself landed on a waiting list for my ADI-2 DAC.   I waited,...but I got it!!!   Demand at that time had simply skyrocketed, and my dealer just could not keep up.

There's more to that story, but for me it was all worthwhile.  My RME is amongst my most prized possessions.   It will be for you too!

Wishing you Well,

Curt

7 (edited by pschelbert 2021-04-17 20:06:57)

Hi

I see stock in Germany at www.Thomann.de
In Switzerland at:
www.digitec.ch
and
www.brack.ch

Check it out.

So if you just need on piece that should be no problem.

All three are serious dealers where I buy regularly.

Peter

8 (edited by waedi 2021-04-17 20:19:53)

Hi Peter, do you know www.da-x.de ?
Price comparison will be a surprise.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Curt962 wrote:

I'm disappointed for you, but it was almost 3yrs ago when I myself landed on a waiting list for my ADI-2 DAC.   I waited,...but I got it!!!   Demand at that time had simply skyrocketed, and my dealer just could not keep up.

Quite understandable, hey, it's a 'first world problem' for me to wait a bit, I'm not in a massive hurry wink

Curt962 wrote:

for me it was all worthwhile.  My RME is amongst my most prized possessions.   It will be for you too!

Good to hear!! Yes I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I source one!

All the best.

pschelbert wrote:

Hi

In Switzerland at:
www.digitec.ch
and
www.brack.ch

Check it out.

Peter

Thanks for the heads-up. I've bought a lot from Thomann over the years and they've always been great. Sadly they are less convenient since Brexit unfortunately, as I live in the UK, so never sure how much I will have to pay in taxes and import duties, etc. now. Plust returns are more of a pain if there is a problem. None of which is Thomann's fault, it's politics!

In any case, I'll probably get one from there next week.

11 (edited by Everydayineveryway 2021-04-17 20:36:33)

waedi wrote:

Are these guys legitimate/reputable dealers? That is a good price!

[edit: ah, no that was the ADI-2 FS, not the DAC]

12 (edited by pschelbert 2021-04-17 20:45:48)

waedi wrote:

Hi

No I didn't know this dealer.
I see nothing special in price. What I am missing?

Peter

13 (edited by waedi 2021-04-17 20:57:11)

I was comparing Madiface Pro plus Octamic XTC to the others and 500 difference seems to be big for me.
Did you fill in the delivery country ? It reduces the German tax.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

yes I did now the comparison for the UFX II I bought a while ago. I cannot testify a difference as I paid the same.

May be it depneds on the product.

15 (edited by Curt962 2021-04-18 17:14:09)

Gosh Folks...

I get a bit Queasy with such transactions.   I understand that you are all anxious to obtain your very own RME device, but purchasing outside of your region can be problematic.    Heaven Forbid a Warranty matter were to arise!  You'd likely be stuck.  I'm sure that "Prip Nyat Audio" in Katmandu is awesome...but you know...  wink

We all here want you to be part of the RME family of users!    Hang in there! 

In the meantime?  You've got all of us to chat with!  smile

Wishing you all a Speedy Delivery!

Curt

16 (edited by Curt962 2021-04-20 03:56:16)

Guys,

If I could add just a bit more to my Anti Trans-Shipping Sermon...

We must realize that an obscure seller in a Third World Country MAY be a few dollars cheaper!    By doing business with that Seller (or at least sending him lots of money...) We only succeed in de-valuing the product, and depriving our legitimate Regional Dealers of the Sale.  This will come back to haunt us.  Consider that as soon as the Powerhouse Pro-Gear Retailers in Your Country realize that they're being undercut by some suspect Rickshaw Retailer in Guangdong?   They're finished!   They'll drop the product line.  This damages RME, or whomever elses product that's being illegitimately Whored out elsewhere.

Again, it's unfortunate that the current situation has impacted supplies, but THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

Get on a legitimate Pre-Order list in your Country, and sit back.   That happy day will come sooner than you think!

Some of you in time  might thank me for this Sage Advice!  wink

Best to All

Curt

Everydayineveryway wrote:
pschelbert wrote:

Hi

In Switzerland at:
www.digitec.ch
and
www.brack.ch

Check it out.

Peter

Thanks for the heads-up. I've bought a lot from Thomann over the years and they've always been great. Sadly they are less convenient since Brexit unfortunately, as I live in the UK, so never sure how much I will have to pay in taxes and import duties, etc. now. Plust returns are more of a pain if there is a problem. None of which is Thomann's fault, it's politics!

In any case, I'll probably get one from there next week.

Hello Everydayineveryway,

This is Mark from Synthax Audio UK, the exclusive distributor for RME in the UK. Whilst it's true that ADI-2 DAC FS are in VERY short supply at the moment due to the AKM chip shortage, we have just received our stock allocation for April and delivered it to all the usual UK outlets. Please check out any of the following who have stock today;

Scan Computers - https://www.scan.co.uk/products/rme-adi … oss_google
Guitar Guitar - https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/ … i-2-dac-fs
Absolute Music - https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/rme-adi … ertor.html
Studiocare - https://studiocare.com/products/rme-adi-2-dac

Remember that if you purchase from one of the above authorised UK Dealers then you may register for Synthax Audio UK's Extended 5 Year Warranty.

We hope you enjoy your ADI-2 DAC FS!

Thanks for thar input Mark!

You just made a lot of people happy!

Regards,

Curt

MC wrote:

It's been a while, as an end user I have no idea how the chip crisis is coming along, but I notice many retailers (e.g. Thomann) are quoting RME products as unavailable for another 26 weeks. Is this just a randomly high number that means "we don't really know how long" or is it an actual estimate?

Depends on the unit. Some are really on hold, some will come back before Christmas (hopefully). The chip crisis has gotten worse, btw. And no one expects it to improve before mid 2022.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

My Schiit Modi died a few days ago, was hand wringing for a few days, I had been happy with the Schiit and was going to get Bifrost and Jotunheim - zero stock anywhere.
Ended up at decision to get the ADI-2 DAC fs.
Ordered Thursday and received Friday from Scan, was on sale too.
Very, very pleased with the resulting sound output.
Have been re-enjoying my music for the first time in a few years, I don't need a separate headphone amp either now, and unlike the Schiit runs cool to the touch.

https://www.prolyd.no/ These guys have 20+ Got both my UCXII and ADI-2 DAC fs here. This is Norway, which is part of the modern world

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_