Topic: Facebook iOS issues

Hey guys wondering if anyone can shed some light on this.

Ive been trying to stream my dj sets to Facebook live today with my Babyface in class complaint mode. Whilst it works in YouTube or when I just record into my phone, I cant get any sound when I try and live stream via the fb app.

I also found that when I plug in the Babyface via the camera connector it seems to stop Facebook from live streaming properly with lots of drop outs thats again dont happen with the iPhone alone.

Its definately repeatable as Ive seen it happen each time Ive tried today. So far Ive updated iOS to the latest version as well as deleting the fb app and reinstalling it. Has anyone else had any similar experiences? Was hopping to use the Babyface rather than having to buy another interface but right now it dont look like its gonna happen

Re: Facebook iOS issues

As it basically seems to work I can only guess that FB's app is not ready to use external audio interfaces. And as this is CC mode there is nothing we can do (no drivers).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Facebook iOS issues

Facebook Live, as with most audio recording applications on iOS, will take the audio channels 1 and 2 as a stereo input. It does not appear there is any other option with Facebook Live to select other channels nor select audio source for input. Therefore the application utilizes what is known as system audio. As there is no control panel or settings panel to set what is system audio in and out, you need to rely on the iOS default functions. The system audio source and destination is the last audio interface connected.
Therfore, to use with Facebook Live, you need to plug in your external audio interface last. If you are not sure your external interface was the last item plugged in, we recommend you disconnect and reconnect again.

https://www.facebook.com/iConnectivityA … 372275706/

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue