Topic: Weird things happen

Hi,
I have just changed my Babyface Pro to a newer Babyface Pro Fs.
I didn't uninstall anything, the only thing I did to the new Fs unit was updating it's firmware.

I'm running Windows 10 on my computer, fully updated.

While using the "old" Babyface with Foobar2000 or whatever other music player I could send sound to whatever output on the Babyface, now with the new one I from those outputs I can only access AN1/2 while from Reaper all other outputs are available.
System preferences of Windows only have Analog 1/2 as possible output for system sounds.

What do you suggest doing? Should I uninstall all drivers and restart everything all over again?

Thanks for your help

Re: Weird things happen

evg2012 wrote:

While using the "old" Babyface with Foobar2000 or whatever other music player I could send sound to whatever output on the Babyface, now with the new one I from those outputs I can only access AN1/2 while from Reaper all other outputs are available.
System preferences of Windows only have Analog 1/2 as possible output for system sounds.

Open the Fireface USB Settings dialog and change the number of WDM devices to more than 1.

waedi wrote:

How is Totalmix looking ?

Has nothing to do with this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by evg2012 2021-04-13 08:47:11)

Selecting multiple WDM devices was the solution to my problems.
Thanks MC for your help

When I try to install Babyface on a Windows 10 computer, it installs it in Device Drivers/Other Devices, not sound.  Why is this?

Just a guess: Because it's more than an audio device. It's also a MIDI device, fi.

BTW, it might be better to start unrelated questions in a new thread.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Other devices means either no driver installed or CC mode active.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME