Topic: dmc-Control2 problems with IE7 and solution

I just recently got a dmc842 and tried to run the midi control program, dmc-Control2, using the aes32 midi controls.  The grogram would crash before it ever got loaded.  I sent a couple of crash dumps to rme, but got no response ( due to my spam filter, as I recently confirmed).  I went ahead and debugged the problem, and found two... One is that if you install IE7 in windows xp, and if you try to run a program that doesn't do delayed load of plugins, then your program will crash.  This means you will have to uninstall IE7 or RME will need to rebuild their program with the option for delayed loading.  I uninstalled IE7.  You can read all about that common problem here:

http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/ … 345f2bc2/#

The second problem had to do with some incompatibility with any of the service pack updates to .Net runtime 2.0.  I uninstalled it, reinstalled the original one without the service packs, and now it all works fine.

There was a mention in the readme that the dmc-Control2 program called for a newer version of the dmc842 firmware,  but I see no instructions on reflashing.  What is the procedure for flashing the dmc842?

Re: dmc-Control2 problems with IE7 and solution

Hello,

so you got our mails now? Everything was being refused, my mail as well as one from the software's developer.

There is no way to flash the DMC. If a FW update is required, the unit would have to be sent in. What's your devices FW version (displayed at startup)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

F 01 10 is what it says on the 842 box when it starts up.

I can receive emails now, but I'm sorry to say that any replies you sent previously were all deleted.  My setup is working now, though.  I have four of the Neumann 184D mics hooked up ... and it seems to be able to sync them up and change their parameters ok. 

I had one other question in the lost emails ... about use of midi through aes-ebu, mentioned in the 842 manual.  What is that about?  Is it buried in the user codes of the aes-ebu?  Does your aes32 board support that?  I don't recall seeing any mention of it previously. 

Thanks,
Jay

The AES cards are planned to support this feature soon, but I have no exact date.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME