Topic: What type of screw fits RME D-Sub sockets?

Hi!

I'm currently wiring a devices room, among a lot of devices, also RME M-32 shall be installed.

Custom D-Sub cablings have to be made, so I want to ask what specification the screws, that secure the plugs to the D-Sub sockets of RME devices correspond to?
So far I have come across UNC 4-40, UNC 2-25, M 3, M 2.5 - wich would fit for RME?

Can't figure it out directly on the hardware as it will be delivered in a late stage, but I have to decide now which parts to order for the connectors.

Hints welcome - Regards!

Re: What type of screw fits RME D-Sub sockets?

UNC 4/40 thread - is the only information I found in the specs sheet from ALVA cables, I used those and they fit perfect.
I don't recommend to take M2.5 as they can destroy the socket when tightening too strong.
The alva cables for D-sub AES/EBU and XLR are very good and cheap why to custom build ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: What type of screw fits RME D-Sub sockets?

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I will give UNC 4-40 a try.

Custom build is necessary because a lot of different devices have to be connected, different pinouts (some quite exotic), mixed connections on the other end of the cables (jacks, twist terminals, Siemens style multipins and so on), different cable lengths, cable runs where no plug can be pulled through, varying splices ... the usual madness of wiring a larger audio production facility wink

It's been a while since I've tried ALVA. Back then it was a less than good experience, maybe I got a bad batch, maybe they have improved in the meantime as well.

Also I don't like casted plastic housings. 

Anyway, I think it would be nice to find the right screw standard for the Sub-D sockets on RME devices in their specs - would spare some guesswork.

Regards!