Topic: utter mayhem after latest driver/firmware upgrades on UFX+

Hey gang, I'm awfully desperate as shit went mad here after I tried to intsall the latest drivers and firmware.

UFX+ connected via USB
I'm using an iMac Pro with Big Sure (11.2.3).
CRC errors, seemingly unrecognized device (USB settings say ???????), and weird reset of Total Mix
Firmeware v53
Driver v3.25

Any guidance is really appreciated.

Re: utter mayhem after latest driver/firmware upgrades on UFX+

What I would do : Uninstall and delete everything RME from the computer, reboot, install the driver again, reboot, try.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

@wnyc

Hello!

Did you try with another Usb cable?
Can you check what mode the UFX+ is on? If it's on "Auto", can you set it, manually, on "Usb3"? Does that help?

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Hey all, thanks for the replies. I'm sorry I did not see them until now.

@waedi Yes, indeed, did those exact steps and was deep in macOS deleting everything as the instruction manual described. No change.
@MetalHeadKeys Yes, I did try a couple different cable. In terms of setting manually to USB3, how do I do that? Sorry for the dumb question!

I should add, just tried the firmware updater again and I get "Failed with error 90000200/3". Couldn't find any information on the cryptic code via Google.

Hello, again!

wnyc wrote:

@MetalHeadKeys Yes, I did try a couple different cable. In terms of setting manually to USB3, how do I do that? Sorry for the dumb question!

No worries! You can set that from the front panel, on the device itself!
Here 's a quote from the manual:

The  factory  setting  for  the  Interface  Mode,  Auto,  makes  sure  that  any connected  computer  connection  is  recognized  automatically.  Thunderbolt,  USB  3,  USB  2  and  Class  Compliant  will  usually  work  without  any further user interaction.

In case of problems the current interface mode can  be  set  manually  to  a  fixed  one.  This  is  done  under  SETUP/REV, Options, Hardware/Diagnosis, Interface Mode

Also, make sure you 're using a Usb 3.0 cable!

@MetalHeadKeys thank you so much! OK, I had not found this on the hardware UI! I realize my USB cable is 2.0, so have a 3.0 en route. I will report back, thanks so much.

You 're welcome!!

But, thanks go to @Torelli, as well, the OP of this thread, here: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 38#p170338

wnyc wrote:

I will report back..

Yes! Please, do!

So, alas, I plugged in a shiny new USB3 cable, and now it's really pissed. When I turn it on it cycles thru about 3-4 different sets of lights. It appears to be rebooting over and over. I can't get it to stabilize and do anything with it. : ((((

OK, well then I did a factory reset, and did the driver and firmware upgrade again. It succeeded w/o errors and the device is stabilized. But it still isn't receiving audio, and it doesn't see the devices serial number.

How does Totalmix look like ?
Is there no signal ?

No signal in TotalMix, no.

But the device is selected as system audio device in the system preferences in the computer ?

wnyc wrote:

No signal in TotalMix, no.

Please provide a screenshot....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

TotalMix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/red846pik3xxv … M.png?dl=0
MacOS pref: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbc0flownjol0 … M.png?dl=0
Fireface USB settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfxmupyfeu6j1 … M.png?dl=0

Thanks everyone.

This unit is detected with a serial number of 0. Thus it will not work, no record, no playback. Only TotalMix will work from input to output. You could try the unit on a different computer, otherwise it looks like it needs to be serviced.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK, not the answer I wanted, but an answer. How do I find my support options in the US? I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but can't find it.

For RME support in USA: https://www.rme-usa.com/contact.html

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, Jeff.