Topic: File location of the MADIface series settings?

Hi there, New (happy) user of a FF UFXII.

I'd like to be able to open the MADIface series settings with a keyboard shortcut, but can't for the life of me work out where the application lives. I also can't find this info in the manual, apologies if I've missed it.

Thanks so much

Michael

Re: File location of the MADIface series settings?

Hello energy
In OSX it is in in the applications folder and in Windows there should be an application directory as well.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by ramses 2021-05-06 14:27:08)

waedi wrote:

Hello energy
In OSX it is in in the applications folder and in Windows there should be an application directory as well.

Under Windows it's different and he asked for a keyboard shortcut.

EmmCeeSq wrote:

Hi there, New (happy) user of a FF UFXII.

I'd like to be able to open the MADIface series settings with a keyboard shortcut, but can't for the life of me work out where the application lives. I also can't find this info in the manual, apologies if I've missed it.

Thanks so much

Michael

Hi Michael,

the MADIface driver settings are accessible in the Windows notification area at the bottom right of the screen. Check the settings for this Info area, it could be the case, that some of the symbols are hidden and maybe also the symbols for TotalMix FX and the MADIface driver settings.

Regarding keyboard shortcut. You need a solution using 3rd party / open source software to implement that.
Such a solution has been posted to this blog years ago. Please look here, I summarized and added some screenshots:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … ndruck-DE/

It still works nicely under Win10 with UFX+.

BTW .. I changed the settings a little bit to use ALT-F1 for opening/closing TM FX and ALT-F2 for driver settings, because some other applications used already F1/F2 and Ctrl-F1/Ctrl-F2. Additionally: pressing ALT-F1/F2 is quite easy using thumb and middle finger of the left hand:

; set the actual hotkeys here 
TotalMixKey = !F1          ; Alt-F1
DriverSettingsKey = !F2    ; Alt-F2

I hope this works without issues for you and good luck for the implementation! If you have any questions, please ask back.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hey, this is fantastic, and thank you so much!

Michael

You're welcome Michael, I am glad that it worked fine for you :-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13