Topic: Firmware update

Hi
I have the old RME ADI 2 AD/DA. As mine have firmware 1.2 I would like to know if it is possible to update this to the latest version which I think is 1.4

Best regards
Per

Re: Firmware update

Is this the ADI-2 ? Without USB socket and without any file to download for ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by ramses 2021-05-07 12:56:56)

Yes or do you know any ADI-2 DAC/Pro with a Firmware vesion 1.4 ? They are at v102.
Check manual of old ADI-2, there you see that v1.4 is the latest firmware of this device, matches.

RME needs to involve here and tell how and to which conditions an update is possible.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

It's the old one

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url … AdAAAAABAF

Thanks, yes I know, I assumed this already based on the version number.

Best is to write RME support a mail, if nobody answers here.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

V 1.3 had several nice features added:

- Support for ADAT S/MUX and S/MUX4 (up to 192 kHz)
- New function D to D (fourth state for input state button)
- Newly programmed ADAT PLL
- Mute added to suppress click when changing sample rate

V 1.4 made the QS LED less bright.

But to get these updates the unit needs to be reprogrammed in the factory. So there will be shipment and update costs. For details you need to ask your local distributor.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Since this is old and has no warranty I don't mind opening it up and do stuff. Would it be possible to order a new eprom with the latest firmware and swap it out my self?

I know a guy who repairs hifi for a living and should it go wrong it's not a big issue.

Best regards
Per

Please contact the local distributor. To be honest, I'm not totally sure if that is available as a spare part. Possibly not.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

There is nothing to change. The unit needs to be connected to a special programmer and then flashed to the newer firmware.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by Gradius 2022-05-29 00:17:40)

Lucky me, I got v1.4 unit.

PS: sorry for bump.  I just saw this topic was from 2021.