Topic: Connecting Multiple HDSP 9632 -- One last question

Is it possible to connect three of them?

Re: Connecting Multiple HDSP 9632 -- One last question

15. Using more than one Hammerfall DSP
The current drivers support operation of up to three Hammerfall DSP systems. All cards of the- HDSP and HDSPe systems share the same driver, therefore can be used simultaneously in any combination. Please note that only one ADAT Sync In can be used (of course). All units have to be in sync, i.e. have to receive valid sync information either via word clock or by using AutoSync and feeding synchronized signals.
Copy out of the user manual page 28

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by whiteletter 2021-05-09 03:47:02)

Thanks. I was looking at the cards and I didn't see how to connect three internally, as far as I could tell there was just one sync port on each inside So how would I do it? It's new territory for me.

I can see one cable going from one port on one card to the next, but then there's that third card.. can't put another cable on the second its port is occupied.

That makes no sense. How can its port be occupied? This is simple serial cabling - 1 to 2, 2 to 3. Manual page 8 for Sync In and Sync Out ports.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I see so there're seperate sync in and sync out ports on the card then of course. I don't have my card in front of me I was just looking at a top down photo which only showed the one white 3 pin port on top, and somehow I mistakenly thought it was both ways.