Topic: Digiface USB headphone output

Vi guys I'm contemplating buying the digiface USB. As of now I only need the headphone output to drive my sennheiser HD 600.
Will the headphone output have enough power to drive the headphones somewhat linear without distortion?
Thanks guys.

Re: Digiface USB headphone output

The only HD 600 I can find in the web is one with 300 Ohm, is it that one ?
300 Ohm is not very high I claim it will work fine without distortion.
I have a Digiface USB and it sounds great, never found a problem with some different headphones.
I didn't test with the HD600 but I am sure you will be happy.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

The only HD 600 I can find in the web is one with 300 Ohm, is it that one ?
300 Ohm is not very high I claim it will work fine without distortion.
I have a Digiface USB and it sounds great, never found a problem with some different headphones.

Yes that's the one.
Great.. Thanks for the quick feedback.

4 (edited by ramses 2021-05-16 19:55:39)

waedi wrote:

A few concrete examples, with which phones you tried, would make it more understandable why you think the combination Digiface USB / HD600 would fit.

@Hammeken:  at the end of the day, best check it out yourself.

With an UFX type of interface I would definitively say no issue as the flagship interface have very powerful phones outputs.
The newer Babyfaces also got more power, there I would "tend to say" that they could also be sufficient for 300 Ohm phones.

But its not only the impedence here which counts and determines the final volume. Also the sensitivity (efficiency) of the phones drivers is important here. Also tastes are different. For those reasons its not easy to judge.

Here some technical data from some manuals. Here you can see how different those values are:

Digiface USB delivers a max output power of 50mW, thats less than older and new Babyface Pro deliver (70+90mW).
UFXII/UFX+ deliver up to 210mW.
ADI-2 DAC / Pro deliver up to 1500mW per channel (unbalanced)
ADI-2 Pro FS R BE delivers up to 2900mW per channel (balanced)

Simply try it out if nobody here has this exact combination that you are looking for.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yes you're right. Sensitivity matters also.
Thanks for answering

Hey, I am often using my HD 600 on the Digiface USB. It generally works fine and sounds good, especially for listening mastered material.
E.g. I cannot hear much of a difference to the headphone out of the UCX, from what I remember I think the UCX is a little bit louder.

During production and mixing I sometimes would wish for a little more headroom just for convenience, as I often have to push the level in the DAW etc.