Topic: Happy new user

Hi just wanted to introduce myself. Greetings to everybody!

Purchased the ADI DAC-2 FS a week ago and admit I still have much to learn.
The difference this Dac has made in my system is astonishing. Everything has improved
and it was money well spent.

I now use a Bluesound Node 2i as a streamer with good results. The internal Dac of this unit
was not something I was happy with and in part led to the purchase of the RME Dac.

My CD player was quite good to start with, but I honestly think that its better to run it
through the Dac. CD sounds quite good now.

I also run the Dac as a pre-amp and it's safe to say my pre-amp is going to be sold. This is way better.

A measurement mic has been ordered and I will try to measure my room and use all the possibilities
this Dac has to offer. But I admit I have much to learn in this field.

At last I would without doubt recommend this Dac to anyone.

Well done RME!

Jamo Concert 8
Usher R 1.5
Bluesound NODE 2i & Marantz SA-7S1
RME ADI-2 DAC FS

2 (edited by Curt962 2021-05-07 02:56:30)

Re: Happy new user

Tune,

Thanks for your nice post.  Very refreshing! 

You must know that your excitement will not wear off!    \ smile /  Your new RME is a Superb bit of Engineering, that is Brilliantly executed, and after some Years of ownership you will STILL be delighted!

With your RME, that "New Piece of Gear" Thrill never goes away!  wink

You've Chosen Wisely.

Enjoy!!

Curt

Oh!!  You mentioned Measurement Mic?  Well Now!!  smile

Your Listening Environment is without a doubt, the "Final Frontier"!

Some of us are guilty of traveling with Acoustics Manuals.  It's just possible that we'd enjoy helping you get your Room sorted out. wink

Bring it on!

Best to You, and Welcome to the Group.!

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Thanks for your comment. My living room sounds okay in my opinion, but with the RME Dac
it's going to be fun to explore the possibilities it has to offer.

I'm thinking of starting with the REW Room Acoustics Software and see where it goes.

Yes the never ending quest for better sound continues! :-)

Jamo Concert 8
Usher R 1.5
Bluesound NODE 2i & Marantz SA-7S1
RME ADI-2 DAC FS

4 (edited by Curt962 2021-05-09 03:42:29)

Tune!

Hi again!  Small Steps Man!

REW:  What a Mind-Boggling piece of analysis software that is!   20yrs ago? The costs for anything remotely like REW would been Astronomical. 

I like REW at it's basic level of functionality.  That is, just give me an Acoustic Snapshot of my Room, and let ME decide.   It accomodates my Simplistic needs well.   Fine bit of Software it is!

Tune, perhaps you could offer us a bit of overview regarding your set up. Room Size, Speakers, etc, and those "Domestic Restrictions"  you might have in utilizing that space.  You know what I'm saying wink , and we ALL have them. smile   Don't forget also to discuss YOUR perceptions of SQ in your Room.  That counts, and can often be correlated with your Measured Data.  ie: "Seems a little Boomy".   Hmm...I wonder.  Would that perhaps be related to the enormous 40hz Room Mode?   wink

Tellin ya!   It'll be Fun!

Watch this!  https://youtu.be/cTnituQu8ig

People often have varied opions regarding Darko, but I believe he's Spot-On regarding this matter!

Enjoy your RME!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

I bought my ADI-2 DAC for my Audeze LCD-2C's a few years ago because I simply could; I knew I could get similar performance sound-wise for a fraction of the price of this unit but I wanted this beautiful piece of equipment to be on my desk.

Since then I've added an integrated amp and some Amphion Helium 3's to my livingroom and and damn it's nice to have a hardware-EQ for room-correction, no need to buy a separate DIRAC etc. Bought a MiniDSP UMIK-1 and measured my room, did a few corrections (hi-shelf filter to lower the treble because the mids were recessed and evened out a few bass-humps).

Since then I've moved from my desk to my coach full-time, PC plugged into my TV. Got a longer cable for the Audezes and now whichever I use to listen to my music it just brings a smile to my face. Added acoustic panels on first and second reflection points, on the ceiling and behind the speakers.

Audezes with a bit of crossfeed and metal571's or oratory1990's EQ and the sound is just perfect. Couldn't imagine selling the RME ever, such a powerful tool. Now to just get the new remote at some point and my audio is pretty much done for the forseeable future.