Topic: iPad audio with UFX II

I finally found an iOS (only) synth app (ID700) which I like enough to make me want to use it in my recording workflow. What would be the best way to use the iPad audio simultaneously with my macOS UFX II audio? Is there an iOS audio interface that I could connect via ADAT IO?

Does anyone here have experiences with the new iPad Pro? The onboard DACs in the MacBooks improved a lot over the last years, so maybe the integrated Audio OUT of the iPad Pro is good enough to just feed it to an Analog audio In of the UFX II?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 (edited by hardyroede 2021-05-21 00:27:42)

Re: iPad audio with UFX II

electricdove wrote:

What would be the best way to use the iPad audio simultaneously with my macOS UFX II audio? Is there an iOS audio interface that I could connect via ADAT IO?

Just recently I started using a Madiface Pro with an iPad, and i am blown away by the ease of use and the capabilities with TM FX for iPad. Works exactly the same with Babyface Pro, which has your needed ADAT I/O.

A quite affordable alternative with ADAT I/O would be the nice-looking Audient iD 22, but I'm not 100% sure it is iPad compatible.
Some people seem to use a cheap and interesting box called MiniDSP USB Streamer on iPad, which sends USB input straight to SPDIF or ADAT.

But, as said, if you try the Babyface Pro on iPad you probably won‘t want anything else. If you have a recent iPad with USB C, things work even smoother, with USB power, connectivity to ARC USB via any USB-C hub etc.

MADIface(s) Pro, UFX+, MADI Router
Mac mini Intel, iPad Air 2020
ProTools, Hindenburg

Re: iPad audio with UFX II

I can't say if it is "the best way", but I would just connect a cable and record the analog signal.
The iOS interface you would like to have is what many want to have, an USB adapter with adat. It does not exist.
You would have to get another interface with ClassCompliant ability (Octamic XTC or Babyface Pro FS for example ).

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue