Topic: Controlling OctaMic XTC sample rate via USB

Hi everyone,

I'm, using my RME equipment with a 2018 Mac laptop running Mac OS 11.3. I use a Babyface Pro FS together with an OctaMic XTC.They're connected via 2 ADAT cables. I was using two MIDI cables connected to both in order to control the XTC via TotalMix. No problems there, it worked fine. If I needed to change the sample rate on the BF Pro, I could also go under Options on the XTC and change the sample rate to match the rate set in the Fireface USB Settings window. Unfortunately, that arrangement didn't leave me with a free MIDI (DIN) port to plug a hardware MIDI device into. So, I thought I would try connecting the BF Pro and XTC via USB. Again no issues, I can control the XTC from TotalMix. The problem is, now if I set the BF Pro sample rate to 48kHz in the Fireface USB window, the Input Status shows ADAT/Sync/96kHz. The sample rate setting under Options on the XTC is now grayed out and I can't change the sample rate. Is there a way to get them to be set to the same sample rate? Should I not worry about it? Is the XTC taking care of the syncing to the BF Pro "under the hood"?

Thanks very much

Re: Controlling OctaMic XTC sample rate via USB

The XTC runs under Mac as Class Compliant device. You can set its sample rate in the Audio MIDI Setup - Audio window - XTC.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Controlling OctaMic XTC sample rate via USB

OK, thanks very much.