Topic: UFX+ startup/boot time

Hi there.

I sent my UFX+ in for repair at my dealer over a month ago, since it had startup issues. It would turn on with an all white screen and all red and yellow mic LEDs on, and just be in this state for serveral minutes - sometimes needing a power off and on again.

Now it's back from service (or at least I think the serviced it?) and it apparently has the same issue still? It takes half a minute or slightly more to power on completely. Is this normal behaviour?

Kind regards
Esben

Re: UFX+ startup/boot time

For me it takes around 8 seconds to boot.

What cabling to the PC are you using ?
What Interface mode do you have configured ? (Options -> Hardware/Diagnostics -> Interface Mode: "Auto")

Here: USB3 connection to PC and Interface Mode set to "Auto".

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Definitely doesn't sound normal.  Mine boots in seconds

Just bought my UFX+ for 2 days, it boots up in a couple seconds.

ramses wrote:

For me it takes around 8 seconds to boot.

What cabling to the PC are you using ?
What Interface mode do you have configured ? (Options -> Hardware/Diagnostics -> Interface Mode: "Auto")

Here: USB3 connection to PC and Interface Mode set to "Auto".

The issue is there regardless of connection. I tested it with no cable connected just today. A bit shorter startup time today, but still around 20 seconds. It's not that it in itself is a problem, but before I sent it in for service it could take serveral minutes for the unit to come online, and I'm simply not comfortable using the unit unless I find out if this is normal or not...

The interface mode is set to Auto, but I cant seem to change it...
What does the "Test Results" numbers specify? Mine says 0, 0000, 0000, 19, 0, 79
SW version is set to #44 (if that mesans anything - cant find any info on this in the manual...)

Just updated to SW version #46. I'll see if that changes anything in the long run.

esbeninglev wrote:

Just updated to SW version #46. I'll see if that changes anything in the long run.

Firmware update still has done nothing to fix the issue.

Contact your local distributor to get the required service.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Contact your local distributor to get the required service.

I just did, and it's comming in to be serviced again. Just a bit frustrating since RME already has had it in for service for almost 2 months...

I seriously doubt so. They would have never sent a unit back that needs 20 seconds for booting.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I seriously doubt so. They would have never sent a unit back that needs 20 seconds for booting.

All I know is, I sent the unit to my local supplier (KinoVox), and they sent it to RME. That was back in march. I should repeat that the issue only happens if the unit has been turned off for a few hours or overnight, so it's not easy to replicate.