Topic: Recording latency in Cubase less then expected

So I got my Rme UCX and I'm using in Windows 10 with the Asio drivers. In Cubase the latency is reported as 3ms in and 2ms out, so a total of 5ms.

If I setup an audio track to output to 3+4 and another to record channels 1+2 and connect an external effect I was expecting to get a 5ms shift to the right on the recorded wet track. I'm not getting that number, I'm getting less, really confusing.

Am I not right expecting each in/out loop to external gear to give me 5ms latency?

Fireface UCXII & UCX , MacBook Pro m1, MacOS Sonoma

Re: Recording latency in Cubase less then expected

In theory if done well by steinberg this is 100% compensated. In practice the latency from the external processor if it is digital and or the latency from the da and ad converters if they are external is still there.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Re: Recording latency in Cubase less then expected

vinark wrote:

In theory if done well by steinberg this is 100% compensated. In practice the latency from the external processor if it is digital and or the latency from the da and ad converters if they are external is still there.

The thing that fooled me was the "adjust for record latency" setting that bumped the track to the left.

Fireface UCXII & UCX , MacBook Pro m1, MacOS Sonoma