Topic: [Solved] No headphone sound while recording in Windows camera app

Hi,

I just acquired a BabyFace Pro FS, and I'm trying to record a video using the Windows camera app with mono audio sent into the first XLR input on the device.
In the "Main" output control on the lower right-hand corner of TotalMix FX, I clicked the "Assign" button, and assigned "Phones 1" to "AN 1/2," but I only hear audio on the headphones during playback of the video, after I have recorded it.
What settings do I need to make in TotalMix FX that will enable me to monitor my recordings through the headphones while I'm recording?

Thanks!
Jonathan

2 (edited by waedi 2021-05-29 04:27:58)

Re: [Solved] No headphone sound while recording in Windows camera app

Assign the headphone Phones 1 to PH3/4 as you plug your headphone into the headphone socket of the Babyface.
Click the headphone output channel Phones 1 to make it highlighted (activated for receiving routings from inputs).
Doubleclick (or pull up) the input fader 1 for routing the input signal to the headphone for monitoring during recording.

https://youtu.be/ZkxzYlBiScA
There is a lot of videos on the Youtube channel RME audio.
Watching all those videos is highly recommended. And it is FOR FREE !

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hi,

Thanks for the response!
When I follow your instructions, I should see the "Phones 1" control appear in the lower right-hand corner of TotalMix FX, correct?
I don't see it unless I assign "Phones 1" to "AN 1/2."
But even when I do that, and click on the "Phones 1" control and increase the level of "AN 1," I still don't hear myself.
Any other ideas?

Thanks for the video link. I've watched it a few times, but I still haven't found a solution.

Thanks again,
Jonathan

I just got it working. I thought the M/S buttons on the hardware input control meant "mono" and "stereo." Apparently the "M" means mute smile

Thanks!