1 (edited by Kayo 2021-06-16 13:43:44)

Topic: Fireface 800 - Win 7 TotalMix and Fireface settings software issues.

Hi, all.

Thanking you in advance for all assistance.
I had to join the forum to get help to resolve my growing pains.

Hopefully, MC can chime in too. ta

My scenario:

Win 7
The computer is powerful, no problem there.

Everything was fine forever, never had a problem, but in the last few weeks, multiple issues!??

My gut says the Win 7 update some days ago could have been the issue here. Since the update all RME devices on the taskbar corner TotalMix, or the Fireface Settings orange icon, etc are now not working.

DigiCheck is the only thing that works.

... and so I thought, lets reload the driver all over again, so that all the taskbar stuff resets itself and the icons show up and work.

I have all of this connected to the computer through FireWire card
VIA 1394 IEEE Bus host controllers.

This card/driver disappeared, and it got difficult finding a driver to get back in there and that worked and brought the card back online. On some restarts, this driver too disappears and have to chase it back on device manager. Annoying…

I have three Firewire connections ports > RME  / TC Powercore / empty.
Again, never ever had a problem.

Under device manager, I somehow managed to get the card driver to work, so that showed up, then I struggled to load the RME drivers (had multiple pot shots at it and one stuck). The one that worked was > driver_fw_win_3125 2019.

Anyhow...   now the cards up in device manager and the RME 800 is recognised too. But having done all this, the TotalMix,  or the Fireface Settings orange icon in the right-hand corner of the taskbar do not show up nor, when I go to them in a driver install folder and click them, do they work or show up!??

When I g to Wavelab and choose the RME driver and hit play, the audio comes through, but I have no control over the ins and outs as I have no TotalMix, or the Fireface Settings orange icon?

Another curious observation is that even the TC Powercore isn't coming online at all? Even though the card is online and playback for RME seems to be porting through, etc? If the VIA 1394 IEEE Bus host controllers wasn't working, then even the RME wouldn't respond at all. But the RME responds, but without software packages evocation, ... and yet still, no TC Powercore?

It's all gone a bit crazy*^%#@#

PCI card Driver issues
RME driver issues
RME software programs not installing on re-installs
… and the TC Powercore is still offline, although on the same card? Go figure...

Any ideas or help would be very appreciated as I have projects pending awaiting completion.

Thank you.
Kayo

Re: Fireface 800 - Win 7 TotalMix and Fireface settings software issues.

The task bar icons may be hidden, did you check that? The applications are in windows\system32, you can copy links to the desktop...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Kayo 2021-06-16 13:50:22)

Hey, Support.

Nah, I am very aware of the hidden feature (I have it switched off) and none are hidden, matey.)
No, that is not the case, my friend. The icons don't even show up on a new driver install??

Anything else?
Driver installed > driver_fw_win_3125 2019

Regards and thanks for your prompt reply.

Kayo

To double-check, I just went to Windows32 found the icons, double-clicked them, they show up on the taskbar right corner, but no response on clicking them. Behave in a dormant fashion. No movement on clicks?

So close, but nothing as yet. Need my RME software programs to work......

Thank you,
Kayo

Is the red HOST LED on? If yes, the FF somehow doesn't connect. Have you tried all the FW connections and/or a different cable?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

6 (edited by Kayo 2021-06-16 14:05:08)

That is true and something I too have noticed. The RED light isn't ON most times (while all this madness has been occurring). Once in a while it is and most times not?

So, if RED light ON, means BAD
No RED light, means GOOD < Yes?

At present, no RED light.

What the heck is going on!? Nothing has changed on my end at all. Haven't touched a wire over here, etc.

Thank you,
Kayo

If the LED is off, the settings and mixer should work...
You  could try this, maybe something changed after an update: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=9827

Can you test the unit with another computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I did exactly that, yesterday. I have another new u'beaut beast of a computer on the other side, and it picked up the RME and the drivers in a jiffy. Absolutely no problem. But the original computer I am debugging has all my audio software programs and works on it, so I am trying to get that to come back online as before.

Thanking you for helping me solve this.

Kayo