Topic: rme uc and protools

Hi I m lost
i m a old user of rme ucx so i know it well and never had problem before
i mostly record voice and i use short buffer to use autotune in recording session

I just tested a rme uc in place of my usual ucx

everything works well on the uc except it's impossible to hear the sound of mic input thru protools and listen it ...so no way to use autotune in insert during recording... im surprised ...with the ucx it was working well...when i try the routing is well but i hve no signal from my daw output in totalmix...
is it a setting ?

i plugged back my ucx and now same problem with this unit except on the channel 3 and 4 (the only one to give me the sound...) wich was used for tht...

2 (edited by ramses 2021-06-19 05:10:46)

Re: rme uc and protools

Do you see a valid Mic input signal in TM FX ? Usually HW Input AN1 or AN2 for Mics.
If not: does the input have proper settings for Microphone (maybe phantom power needed, proper gain settings) ? Did you try a different Microphone cable, maybe its damaged?
If yes: do you see this input signal also in your DAW ? Remember TM FX passes any input signal straight to the DAW.
If yes, is the input signal in the DAW being send to the proper output and which one is this ? AN 1/2 ?
Then you should see it in TM FX in the middle row under the SW Playback channel "XZY" ...
To hear something on active monitors or headphones you need a proper routing from the SW playback channel (middle row) to the particular HW output (bottom row). For that ensure submix mode is enabled, select the proper HW output, raise the proper fader of either HW Inputs (to get the dry Mic signal) or SW Playback channel (to get the processed Mic signal from DAW).

I wouldn't exclude, that potentially also TM FX might require a full reset after using another interface.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: rme uc and protools

Hi Ramses, thank you

Yes input signal is ok, output are ok too it's the protools channel direct monitoring that doesn't go thru the middle part of totalmix no matter the output...

second thing that surprise me is that i never seen the pop up "mismatch" again since then... but it seems to be a mismatch between unit ant totalmix...

maybe i use a older totalmix (1.22) version unable to correct the previous routing of this unit...but with my osx i cannot update now...