1 (edited by sunvale24 2021-06-23 02:16:27)

Topic: Babyface Pro FS difficulties

Hi!

So, I recently upgraded my Macbook Pro to Big Sur in order to accommodate a new instrument from elektron (which had its own difficulties with Catalina). My Mac is Intel (not M1). My Babyface Pro FS was working just fine with Catalina, but I knew RME had a new driver for Big Sur so I didn’t think there would be a problem. Long story short…I can’t run TotalMix now with macOS11 and before I click “Restart” in order to fully install it (which I’ve tried probably 100 times now) I can open it and run it, but once I ”Restart” my computer (which I have to do…but I’ve tried the “shutdown” instead workaround with no success), it doesn’t work afterwards. I’ve also tried going into Recovery mode and resetting KEXTS and all that. I feel like I’ve tried just about everything but there must be SOMETHING else…right? Hopefully this is enough information, but if I left something out I’ll do my best to provide more details.

Quick EDIT: The current/exact situation I’m in was described in “Mac Big Sur: driver not loaded after reboot” (which was posted about a week ago). BUT after trying what was suggested, it didn’t work for me…hope this provides more context. Thanks! PLEASE HELP.

Re: Babyface Pro FS difficulties

If that text did not help then try the usual stuff. Is the BF wrongly in CC mode? Is TM FX allowed to use the microphone? Will it open after a few minutes wait time?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Babyface Pro FS difficulties

Yeah I’ve checked to see if it’s in CC but it’s in PC. I’m not sure TM FX has access to microphone, but then again it’s certainly allowed to, I’ve checked to see if security blocked it or something like that but it hasn’t. Also, sometimes I’ll wait 5-10 minutes and reopen it but it doesn’t work. It’s very odd because I wouldn’t think switching to Big Sur would simply disallow me from using it. Should I just downgrade back to OS Catalina? Feel low on options…