Topic: Controlling channel mute with a foot switch

I'd like to control RME Totalmix input channel mute with a foot switch - is this possible?

This is especially useful when on a zoom call (main out on loopback) and I want to mute the mic so only the DAW's output is transmitted to the far end.

Re: Controlling channel mute with a foot switch

This is possible by using an RME ARC USB as it has a footswitch input which can be configured to control different functions in Totalmix.
It's configured through the "ARC & Key Commands..." section in Totalmix options.

In your case you could add the mic input channel to a mute group. Then set the footswitch to toggle Gobal mute.

mark.cull wrote:

This is possible by using an RME ARC USB as it has a footswitch input which can be configured to control different functions in Totalmix.
It's configured through the "ARC & Key Commands..." section in Totalmix options.

In your case you could add the mic input channel to a mute group. Then set the footswitch to toggle Gobal mute.

Well I have a footswitch that hooks up to the MIDI in of the babyface. Is there no way to assign the mute Ch1 command to the midi CC input?

I'll configure my DAW to ignore this footswitch.

4 (edited by sambasevam 2021-06-24 07:56:10)

Actually I don't even need the footswitch. I just need a way to hook up a keyboard shortcut to the RME.

The problem with the current shortcut approach is, the app needs to be active to receive it. I need a way where the key would get routed to TotalMix no matter the foreground app. I realize this may be more of an OS-specific question than an RME specific one.