1 (edited by gimenezex 2021-06-26 23:08:01)

Topic: UCX Instrument inputs question.

Hello everybody
I wanted to ask a question about my interface. Recently I have noticed that when I am playing music on my studio monitors and the instrument inputs 3 and 4 of the interface are in + 4dbu and instrument mode the levels are increased by 10 db. I did a test recording to see what that noise was and I was able to see that the interface itself over the air was taking the sound from the monitors (raising the signal 30db). Like this I did another test recording and shouting towards the interface and it took my voice in the recording (again it is heard raising it 30db). So far I only see what happens in inputs 3 and 4 when these conditions are given (+ 4dbu and instrument mode) On the other hand, it happens to a lesser extent if the inputs have something connected. But it still happens.
I wanted to know if this is a error, damage, or something common. The interface is old, I have it for at least 3 years, I bought it used and I have no contact with its former owner. Usually I never get into trouble when i record but it its strange and i wanted to ask.

From already thank you very much!

Greetings!

Re: UCX Instrument inputs question.

May you try a Total Reset in Totalmix , menu Options / Reset mix - Total Reset

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

If I understand your setup correctly you do something that doesn't make sense - put inputs in high impedance mode and record their signal although nothing is connected. Then strange things might happen.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

HI MC. Thanks for the response! I wasnt recording. When i noticed that i tried recording to look up the if there was i problem. I was listening to some music and i noticed the high impedance was on and the channel was on -60. Then i stop the music and it was on -95.
I only wanted to know if it was normal.

Thanks for everything!