Topic: UFX+ not recognized by windows after flash update

Hello,

As I wrote in the topic- windows stopped recognizing ufx+ after installing newest firmware. Before that everything seems to be ok, madiface settings and totalmix could see it. I bought it few days ago (second hand). Usb cable are ok for sure, my old ufx works fine with it. Question- is there any option to downgrade it ?

thanks,
Torelli

2 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2021-04-23 13:59:33)

Re: UFX+ not recognized by windows after flash update

Hello!

Did you follow this procedure, from the manual?

After  the  update  the  unit  needs  to  be  reset.  This  is  done  by  powering  down  the unit for  a  few seconds.
A reboot of the computer is not necessary.

When the update unexpectedly fails (status: failure), the unit's Safety BIOS will be used from the next boot on, the unit stays fully functional. The flash process should then be tried again.

Did you try removing the Usb cable, as well, after the Flash update?
If yes, did you try re-flashing it?

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

3 (edited by Torelli 2021-04-23 18:45:19)

Hi,

Yes, I did everything- reset by powering down, removing and changing cable, total reset of drivers.

No, I'm not able to re-flash having no connection, computer does not see it. I tried with other windows laptop- the same, no connection.

Maybe I'll use thunderbolt to connect and re-flash usb software.

Thanks

You 're welcome!

You could, also, check if the UFX+ is in CC mode, from the front panel.
Here's a quote from the manual:

The  factory  setting  for  the  Interface  Mode,  Auto,  makes  sure  that  any connected  computer  connection  is  recognized  automatically.  Thunderbolt,  USB  3,  USB  2  and  Class  Compliant  will  usually  work  without  any further user interaction.

In case of problems the current interface mode can  be  set  manually  to  a  fixed  one.  This  is  done  under  SETUP/REV, Options, Hardware/Diagnosis, Interface Mode

Did you, also, try to set it manually to the mode you wanted to have it connected?(i.e: USB3)

5 (edited by Torelli 2021-04-24 21:58:07)

Hi again,

Yes, I've checked interface mode, set it manually to all possible positions. Still no result.
Looking for thunderbolt cable to launch plan B :-)

Thanks God, I have no recordings next week :-)

Plan B it is, then! smile

Please, post an update with the outcome!

Fixed.

As I wrote before, ufx+ was recognized before an update. Important- I used USB 2.0 cable, so there were only analog and adat inputs visible (no MADI). I simply did not have the USB 3.0 cable. Looks that after the update a USB 3.0 cable must be used to activate new firmware and driver. When I did this everything was ok.
Now I can see that's quite obvious...

thanks for help

Aah, nice!!

You 're welcome!
I wouldn 't have thought of the Usb 3.0 cable, but yeah, it makes sense! I 'll keep it in mind !

9 (edited by ramses 2021-06-30 05:57:54)

Hi Torelli,
just cross checked before suggesting to RME a manual update, beause it appeared strange to me, that no such information is in the handbook, that it would be mandatory to use an USB3 port for flashing.

So I plugged USB2 cable (which is usually connected to my ADI-2 Pro) to the UFX+:
- Windows Device manager clearly shows "RME UFX+ USB 2.0"
- TM FX starts up
- fut_mfusb3.exe flashes the device through USB2 without any issue.

Could it be, that your UFX+ was set to another "Interface mode" like e.g. "USB3" ?
With "Auto" everything works here like a charm, check on the UFX+ display:
    "Button Setup: Options->Interface Mode: Auto"

Would be interesting if you could check that again.

My Setup: Win 10 Pro 21H1, Sonnet Allegro Pro USB3.0 PCIe, 4x Fresco Logic 1100 Chipset using Microsoft Win10 driver.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The USB 2 firmware bug was fixed on 25 June. See readme of the current FUTs.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME