1 (edited by diesis 2021-06-29 15:33:42)

Topic: Babyface installation problems

I brought a babyface pro fs last week and spent the same 7 days trying to get it working.
After installing the driver on 7 separate devices, 6x apple mac 1x windows, changing usb leads, asking help with tech professionals, sending emails to RME, I find it unbelievable that such a product with a 700 euro price tag, has to try the most insane options to try get this thing to work.
I have lost a weeks work because of this.
Thank you but I don't think I will ever be looking into RME products again.

Re: Babyface installation problems

diesis wrote:

I brought a babyface pro fs last week and spent the same 7 days trying to get it working.
After installing the driver on 7 separate devices, 6x apple mac 1x windows, changing usb leads, asking help with tech professionals, sending emails to RME, I find it unbelievable that such a product with a 700 euro price tag, has to try the most insane options to try get this thing to work.

Are you serious? 
This just looks like a troll.
The installation of RME drivers is very straight forward and unless you've got a dud unit (which would be surprising), I can't imagine what you are doing wrong??

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

diesis wrote:

Using a broken cable all the time ?
Or a hub that should be avoided ?
Please try with the original cable and connect direct into the mac without hub.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

diesis wrote:

As I already told you by email, none of this is normal, quite obviously. It was either some kind of user error or a defective unit, which can be repaired or replaced.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME