Topic: Thunderbolt Firmware

Hi.  So I run my UFX+ via USB on my iMac.  I was running firmware 53 with drivers 3.25 with no issues.  Today I accidentally updated the firmware to revision 54, from the HDSP(e) Thunderbolt download section.  I don't have thunderbolt cable, I run via USB.   Now the iMac does not recognize the UFX.  Ive tried resetting to factory, switching USB ports, restarting, reinstalling USB drivers, but nothing helps.  When I open the Flash Update Tool and click flash nothing happens.  Totalmix and the USB Setting app are also non responsive.  Is there a way to revert back to firmware 53??  All this happened after I did the update.  Thanks for the help. 

BTW, iMac uses Intel, not M1 chip.  It has 4 USB 3 ports and 2 USB-C ports.

Re: Thunderbolt Firmware

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 70#p170270

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

It’s ok. I’ll look into any possible solution, Mac or PC. Appreciate the responses.

4 (edited by ramses 2021-06-30 05:24:35)

You tried already all USB3 ports on the iMAC and a different USB3 cable ?

Did you check on the UFX+ the settings of
      Setup -> Options -> Interface Mode -> default: Auto

Maybe try a fix setting of USB3. For switching this setting you need to unplug USB cable, after that replug.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I only have 1 usb 3 cable, so I have to order another one. I did order a thunderbolt to usb-c cable to see if that works. I’ll try the settings to auto to see if that helps. I did try several ports on the iMac but no change.

6 (edited by ramses 2021-06-30 05:29:58)

Do you have an external USB3 Harddisk / SSD ?
Maybe you can check the proper operation of that cable using such a device.

I assume it's the standard RME 1,8m USB3 cable ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Just checked. It’s set to auto.

8 (edited by headclouds 2021-06-30 05:48:01)

Ramses, unfortunately my SSDs are in a usb-c dock. Fire face is using the standard rme usb 3 cable.

BTW, you can also use an USB2 cable. I just checked that. Works here without any issue, just flashed through USB2 in interface mode auto.

You did not mention your OS. If Big Sur it looks like this one:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33277

Using Thunderbolt might still work - different driver and system response.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ramses, I tried your suggesting but also failed to recognize.

MC, that solved the problem!  Thank you very much.  It was the permission.  I must've rebooted before it fully installed and given install permission. Thank you everyone for you help and suggestions.