1 (edited by Shellfish 2021-06-30 07:36:01)

Topic: 9632: Windows freezes (Ableton 9 - W7 32bit)

Yesterday I bought a 9632 to replace the previous Scarlett interface.
The latest firmware (2.9 / 155) is installed and the 9632 is working so far.
But when I choose the RME ASIO drivers Windows freezes, sometimes after a second, sometimes after a minute.

The system is already audio optimized and worked stable without any errors before:
Dell PowerEdge T20 (with latest A20 Bios version)
Xeon E3 3,2 GHz, 8 GB Ram with 32bit Windows 7 SP1

The latest thing I made was to clean the contacts on the card and the mainboard but I guess this could be a more general incompatibility. Of course I could change the system to 64bit but this was a running one ; )

Any suggestions?

Best - Daniel

2 (edited by ramses 2021-06-29 22:52:40)

Re: 9632: Windows freezes (Ableton 9 - W7 32bit)

Which firmware / driver / TM FX version just for the records .. ? "Latest" is no real version number and won't be correct in the future, after a new version came out. Tellin real version numbers has also the benefit, that other ppl can cross check whether it's really the latest version or if you downloaded erraneously an older version.

How many WDM devices did you enable ?
Does it make a difference if you disable WDM devices or if you enable only one entry for your main monitors ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That card might be defective. Or has serious problems to communicate over PCI, which might be an issue of the motherboard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ramses wrote:

Which firmware / driver / TM FX version just for the records .. ? "Latest" is no real version number and won't be correct in the future, after a new version came out. Tellin real version numbers has also the benefit, that other ppl can cross check whether it's really the latest version or if you downloaded erraneously an older version.

How many WDM devices did you enable ?
Does it make a difference if you disable WDM devices or if you enable only one entry for your main monitors ?

yes, right.. I added the version in the first post.
The number of devices makes no difference.

MC wrote:

That card might be defective. Or has serious problems to communicate over PCI, which might be an issue of the motherboard.

I made a test on another pc wich was successful, so I will change my motherboard and cpu ; )
but have to use a PCIe/PCI Adapter, I hope this works..