Topic: windows 10 Fireface UCX USB problem

hi!

I got a new ASUS Zenbook Pro laptop and i'm trying to use my fireface UCX on my computer with ableton. It actually works but it seems the defaut audio output of my computer keeps glitching. I went in the audio configuration pannel of windows and it seems that the fireface is constantly trying to take over the main audio output of the computer. it keeps switching very rapidly between  :

speakers (realtek audio)

Speakers (RME Fireface UCX)

Analog (7+8) (RME Fireface UCX)

I suspect that this rapid switching is due to the USB drivers that are not functionning correctly, thougt everything is up to date on my computer and the RME drivers and firmware.

I suspect also this to be causing a big amount of cpu on my ableton live session.

I want the computer sound to go out of the speakers of my laptop instead of my studio monitors.

Can you help me figure out whats going on ?

(Pardon my english, i'm not a native speaker!)

Re: windows 10 Fireface UCX USB problem

Can you try disable onboard audio in the BIOS ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

joel.lavoie wrote:

hi!

I got a new ASUS Zenbook Pro laptop and i'm trying to use my fireface UCX on my computer with ableton. It actually works but it seems the defaut audio output of my computer keeps glitching. I went in the audio configuration pannel of windows and it seems that the fireface is constantly trying to take over the main audio output of the computer. it keeps switching very rapidly between  :

speakers (realtek audio)

I suspect that this rapid switching is due to the USB drivers that are not functionning correctly, thougt everything is up to date on my computer and the RME drivers and firmware.

I suspect also this to be causing a big amount of cpu on my ableton live session.

I want the computer sound to go out of the speakers of my laptop instead of my studio monitors.

Hello!

In the FireFace USB Settings, set "WDM Devices" to "0".

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

MetalHeadKeys wrote:
joel.lavoie wrote:

hi!

speakers (realtek audio)

Hello!

In the FireFace USB Settings, set "WDM Devices" to "0".

OH yeah!   it worked!

thanks!

You 're welcome! smile

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632