Topic: UCX II: Using two digital outputs simultaneously - same latency?

Hello,
I have the following in mind: I want to connect 2x Neumann KH 750 DSP subwoofers digitally via 2 outputs of a UCX II. The KH 750 has a digital BNC input that understands both SPDIF and AES (but only 75 ohms). I would like to use the Neumann MA 1 measurement microphone and the corresponding calibration software.

Neumann recommends for that case: "a source that already offers 2 digital outputs that can be connected in parallel and do not have different latencies or use an active splitter".

My question is, is the UCX II such a source and can I do without an active splitter?

I would use in any case:
1x SPDIF coax output -> BNC input sub #1
and additionally either
1x AES XLR output -> Neutrik NADIT BNC-F -> BNC input sub #2
or
1x Toslink output -> Toslink/Coax converter -> BNC input sub #2 (I am still undecided what kind of adapter I will use).

For the MA 1 software communicating with the interface via ASIO it should look like 1 stereo output (i think).

I hope/suppose that's how it's possible with TotalMix and the UCX, but I'm not entirely sure.

Can someone tell me if I have understood everything correctly and it should work like this?

Re: UCX II: Using two digital outputs simultaneously - same latency?

Yes, the UCX has 3 fully independent digital outputs (SPDIF optical, SPDIF Coaxial, AES - quite unique) where all these have the exact same latency. TotalMix lets the software use whatever stereo output and you can route that then to the subs where they are conncted to.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much!

Matthias,

can this be generalized for all RME recording interfaces to the following statements:

All analog and digital ports have the same latency through other digital ports and through computer interface (USB/TB/..).

Examples:
- DAW via USB/TB through analog and digital outputs
- analog and digital outputs via USB/TB to DAW
- analog and digital inputs to analog and digital outputs

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13