Topic: Raydat crackles/distorts at 128 buffer

So I recently got a computer with the configuration below. If I try to set a buffer size below 256 I will get a distorted/crackling noise. I think I should be able to go to 64 or 128 without a problem. Could it be a problem with the cards placement? Right now it's in PCIEX16_3. PCIEX16_1 holds the graphic card and PCIEX16_2 a UAD PCIe dsp card.

My configuration:

ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 72MB
G.Skill 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL16 Trident Z Svart
ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
Noctua NH-D15S Chromax Svart
Corsair Ax1200i
Fractal Design Define 7

Re: Raydat crackles/distorts at 128 buffer

Have you tried other slots?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Sorry for the late answer. I haven't tried other slots but I tried a reboot after changing the buffer size in the dsp settings and it worked. So I can't change it in "realtime" but I'm good with that.

Strange, change of ASIO buffersize doesn't require a reboot of the machine .. are you sure ?
Usually DAWs are well coded to handle an ASIO buffer change.
But most other applications, like e.g. MusicBee music player, need a restart if you change the ASIO buffersize.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Crazy stuff like this is not unkown with AMD machines.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ramses wrote:

Strange, change of ASIO buffersize doesn't require a reboot of the machine .. are you sure ?
Usually DAWs are well coded to handle an ASIO buffer change.
But most other applications, like e.g. MusicBee music player, need a restart if you change the ASIO buffersize.

Yes. I've fiddled with it for quite a while. I tried different daw:s as well (ableton, reason) with equal results so this seems to happen at the driver level.