Topic: Can't upgrade to most recent drivers & Total Mix

Howdy,

Currently running driver version 3.36 and Total Mix 1.60 on a Fireface 800 on my 2018 Mac Mini. Have downloaded and installed the latest versions (3.39 and 1.64) several times. Each time I did, it says installation successful but still shows the older versions. How would I get the most recent ones to install?

Re: Can't upgrade to most recent drivers & Total Mix

OS version?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OS 10.14.6. I installed on a MacBook Pro with same OS version and it worked fine. Just not on the mini

Britbonic wrote:

OS 10.14.6. I installed on a MacBook Pro with same OS version and it worked fine. Just not on the mini

Is this MacBook Pro a pre retina one with Firewire port ?
And the Mac mini is without Firewire ports but with Thunderbolt ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Or in other words - how is the FF800 connected to the Mac Mini?

Is that Mac Mini connected to internet during the installation?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Neither the Mac Mini nor the MacBook Pro have FireWire - both are USB C Thunderbolt 3 only and are connected using the Apple dual dongle - Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter, Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter. Yes Mac Mini connected to internet during installation.

That plus the fact that it currently works throws up a case we have not seen before. There must be a logical reason that the driver gets installed but after reboot the old one is still active. Currently no idea, sorry. But at least it should be possible to use the latest TM FX by manually replacing it within the Applications folder. Download from our forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yeah very puzzling. The good thing is that it works but seems odd. Would it make sense to uninstall / reinstall?

Yes, I will check out the manual download of TM FX. Assuming no FX since this is a FF800.