Topic: Babyface Pro FS crackles and pauses.

Hello folks.

I recently bought this interface to replace my focusrite 18i20 which has died.

For some reason there's a lot of noticable pops,crackles, and random pauses during playback.

Whether I'm playing music on streaming platforms, DAW, or web, the sound cuts off briefly for half a second.

I'm tried different USB ports and went back into my windows setting to make sure everythings optimized for audio.

Latencymon is showing that it has to do with cpu throttling and wlan. I have my windows on high performance mode, and I'm also using LAN.

There's also so much more of those electrical interference noises.

I'm a bit frustrated since I bought this interface mainly for RME's well known windows driver stability.

I honestly don't recall focusrite having that problem, so i'm not sure what's wrong.

Re: Babyface Pro FS crackles and pauses.

You may be using LAN but if wireless is still enabled it can cause problems. You shouldn’t be getting cpu throttling if you have the cpu set to 100%

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Re: Babyface Pro FS crackles and pauses.

I've updated my graphics driver and that seems to have helped a little. However, I randomly get pops and clicks sometimes. If I disable network adapter, it improves it quite a bit. Would getting a power adapter for the babyface help?