Topic: Little advice needed

First of all a system overview is warranted.

This is a home setup.  The main speakers are Klipsch Jubilee (2 Way Speakers) and I have a Klipsch KPT 1802 sub. I will be using audiolense to generate crossovers and DSP. I have  Jriver Media to run the convolution engine, handle the crossovers and Jriver outputs to a new RME UC.  I am waiting for the new UCXII.  The company I bought the UC from is willing to work with me on a swap once they have one.  I do hope the UCX II has better quality D/A because the Benchmark DAQ I have blows the RME away... I bough the UC because it is a single unit that will do everything I need.   Really not the intent of this thread though.

The amps I have are a Pass Labs X250 which is balanced and it drives the main speakers bass bins, a pass labs XA25 which is single ended driving the Horns (Radian BE drivers) on the mains speakers, and finally the sub is powered by an old Crown Studio reference II amp which is balanced.   

I am using the RME UC now and it is a learning curve trying to understand TotalMix.  The other day I screwed up and almost blew a driver playing around in total mix.  So I am trying to figure out how I can protect my equipment and have an easy way to control overall system volume once things are dialed in.  My plan was to use Jriver to control volume and leave TotalMix alone once I have it setup.  I did some research and some people max out the software volume in Jriver and maximize faders in totalmix and use passive attenuators between the RME and Amps.  I am looking for opinions on this?  I saw these products and they look nice but are very pricey.

https://www.goldpt.com/

They would probably be good to use for protection and then use Jriver for master volume control.  I wish there was a high quality passive component I could use on the output of the RME that would do 5 channels and had a remote control.   

I am just looking for some suggestions on how to handle this issue because I do not want to blow a driver on those horns.

Re: Little advice needed

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25399

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME