Topic: Totalmix publish state via Midi on UI or ARC snapshot change

I have an Arc USB Remote plugged directly into a UFX II. Sometimes I change snapshots directly in the TotalMix UI but mostly I use the arc usb snapshot buttons or a separate midi controller.

Is there a way to publish the snapshot state change via UFX II midi out so other midi devices can react if the UI or ARC usb is used to change snapshots? This is useful as I run a DAW where certain plugins can be bypassed during certain snapshots which saves power.

Note: if I use a separate midi controller to change snapshot via Midi Note Off, my DAW can see the midi message and react accordingly. It's only if the totalmix ui and/or Arc USB is used where note on/off is never seen.

Thank you!

2 (edited by whittin3 2021-07-11 02:07:48)

Re: Totalmix publish state via Midi on UI or ARC snapshot change

Or has anyone successfully had a UI driven interaction with an OSC Controller? I am sure I could program an osc controller that simply listens... and the relays the signal in MIDI CC.

3 (edited by ebulb 2021-07-11 13:10:10)

if you use Reaper as your DAW you can change the OSC address config file which controls Reapers internal functions.  you should be able to set Reaper FX bypass  to respond to the same OSC address as Totalmix snapshot OSC address.. then if you setup a connection between Totalmix and Reaper when you press the snapshot in Totalmix it should bypass FX in Reaper (and vice versa)..

not sure if other DAWs allow you to change the OSC addresses but if they do it should work in similar fashion..

I do use Reaper. And upon closer investigation I will try using OSCII-bot https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=244753 .