Topic: Digiface USB not working on MacOS Monterey Beta

When booted into MacOS Monterey Beta, my Digiface USB is not seen by the system. This has happened on all 3 developer betas.

Running an M1 Mac Mini and M1 MacBook Air. Digiface USB was working fine on the same machines running Big Sur. Hardware has been flashed with the latest firmware.

Re: Digiface USB not working on MacOS Monterey Beta

Did you go through the same steps for installation (rme.to/mace)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ahhh so I completely forgot about having to change the security mode in the OS. I thought my working install would've just been upgraded with the new OS but nope.

Re-installed the drivers. My MacMini wouldn't let me change the security policy in the special Boot Policy mode - kept getting an updateTagError. Apparently I have to keep doing it 5-6 more times until it works (according to a thread on the apple forums). My MacBook Air updated just fine and Digiface/TotalMix work perfectly!

So I guess it might be necessary to remind users when upgrading their OS that they may need to re-install drivers OR re-update their boot policy to allow for 3rd party extensions to run. I completely forgot that I had to do that when I installed Big Sur.

Getting my MacMini to allow the drivers to be installed took a little more work than expected. The issue was that when trying to change the Boot Policy mode to allow system extensions to be installed, I kept getting this error:

The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.BootPolicy.updateTagError error 17.)

Other threads online said that if you just keep trying, in 5 or 6 tries it'll work. It didn't work for me.

I ended up switching to Full Security mode, THEN back to Reduced Security mode with enable kernel extensions selected and that finally worked.

Just posting incase someone else encounters this problem.

5 (edited by cyrano 2021-07-17 23:53:30)

Thx!

Interesting info from the frontline!

big_smile

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...