Topic: Fireface 400 OSX High Sierra Crash

I have a MacBook Pro from 2009 and iMac from 2008, both running on High Sierra 10.13.6.

I used to be on El Capitan and my Fireface 400 was working super well, but since I upgraded to High Sierra, when I install the new drivers (3.36) both my computer are crashing when I turn on the Fireface.
I tried many things as i read almost all the post related to the fireface 400 on the forum, but also on other forums, I really need some help to get that fireface working again please.

Re: Fireface 400 OSX High Sierra Crash

It crashes when having the FF switched on before the Mac is switched on, OR when the Mac is switched on first. But I doubt that it crashes in both cases. So there should be a simple workaround. Switch it on before the Mac boots.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by sofianebrhm 2021-07-18 15:48:49)

Hello, thanks for the reply, in both case the Mac is turning off, I plug and turn on first the FF400, then turn on the Mac : mac is crashing. Same when I plug the FF400 while the Mac is running. As soon as I plug off or turn off the FF400, my Mac is booting again.

I tried with different cable, FireWire port and also adapter FireWire, i tried also with the power supply, still the same. As soon as I turn on the FF400, my Mac is rebooting… very frustrating.

And I should add that after installing the 3.36 driver, Totalmix and Fireface settings apps are showing on the Applications folder. But can’t open them, total mix is open but not showing any window

Is it something related to old drivers that I should delete ? I’m gonna try cause I found an old m-audio Fireface driver also a Focusrite Saffire one, they are both FireWire devices

6 (edited by sofianebrhm 2021-07-18 17:34:53)

I confirm that , I followed this link

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=9233

I deleted all the drivers and re installed the new fireface driver (3.39). Funny cause I didn’t had to do anything with System and Privacy settings, I just plugged my FW400, and total mix and Fireface settings popped up smile