Topic: Babyface Pro ADAT input no signal in DAW

Mac OSX.12 / Babyface Pro / Digital Performer 10 / Tascam 8pre

In PC mode on the Babyface, the ADAT inputs show signal in Totalmix but no signal in my DAW. Everything is 48k and the analog inputs are fully functional in Totalmix and my DAW. My DAW displays the ADAT inputs as selectable options, just no signal. 

If I switch to CC class compliant mode on the Babyface, I receive ADAT signal in my DAW.

Is this per specification? Or should I be able to use PC mode for ADAT input in my DAW?

Thank you!

Re: Babyface Pro ADAT input no signal in DAW

Cc mode is what you use for Mac

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Thanks! I didn’t see that in the manual so I was going nuts.

4 (edited by waedi 2021-07-18 21:06:30)

Please excuse my interruption.
Have you selected the Babyface as input device in the DP preferences ?
A signal that is visible in a input channel in Totalmix is available in the DAW at the same time.
There must be a configuration problem.
The Babyface should be in normal-mode non-CC-mode.
The CC-mode is for iOS mobile devices iPads and iPhones, for the Mac with Mac-OS use normal-mode.
The adat signal is visible in Totalmix as you statet, then half-way success !
Make a test and play some music in DP and see if you get that signal out of the computer to your headphone or speakers.
If you get it then the connection between DAW and interface should be ok.
You may create 12 input tracks and set them to the inputs 1 to 12, some DAWs do this automatic.
Then arm all those tracks for recording and see on wich track the signal arrives. It must be there somewhere, for sure.
I guess you have watched input 1 in the DAW but the adat signal probably comes in on input 5.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you for the reply. I reset everything, jumped back into PC mode, started a new DP project, and it works! I frankly don’t know what changed since doing this yesterday, but I guess that’s how it goes, lol. Thanks again!