Topic: iphone and babyface for video recording

Hello Friends,
I am a singer and would like to video record some music.  I have the Babyface Pro Fs, an iphone 11, microphone and a keyboard.  From what i have read,  i understand i would have to use the Babyface on CC Mode. Unfortunately i have not being able to make all this work together.  Can anyone kindly direct me perhaps to someone, or to some video or literature where i could find this information.  You guys are all very knowledgeable, so please don't get annoyed by my ignorance!  Whatever advice would give me will be greatly appreciated!
All best!

Re: iphone and babyface for video recording

And you operating system is ... ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

iOS, obviously.

The manual clearly tells you what you need to at least play back music from the iPhone over the BF Pro (power supply and Lightning to USB adapter). Sound for video is the next step then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by waedi 2021-07-25 20:14:47)

Kat wrote:

Hello Friends,
I am a singer and would like to video record some music.  I have the Babyface Pro Fs, an iphone 11, microphone and a keyboard.  From what i have read,  i understand i would have to use the Babyface on CC Mode. Unfortunately i have not being able to make all this work together.  Can anyone kindly direct me perhaps to someone, or to some video or literature where i could find this information.  You guys are all very knowledgeable, so please don't get annoyed by my ignorance!  Whatever advice would give me will be greatly appreciated!
All best!

In the iPhone11 by default "record stereo sound" is ON, you have to switch that OFF for having the video recording access to external mic or any external audio source unless you're on the front facing camera.
System preferences, scroll down to the "camera", it's in there a switch.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you very much for the help, i appreciate it!

6 (edited by ramses 2021-07-26 05:12:18)

MC wrote:

iOS, obviously.

You mean because he mentioned iPAD and that he thinks having to use CC mode ? OK, Maybe.
But I have iPAD, but otherwise only Windows PC's... wink
I wanted to have it more concrete not having to work on assumptions.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I have the same tools as you op, except I have iphone 12pro max
and I recorded my song
turned out pretty good

8 (edited by artymoriera 2022-03-23 15:03:24)

Yeah, the most important thing is to have the necessary functions in your phone, and it's better to buy the necessary USB/HDMI cord so that it's easy to transfer your audio/video recordings easily to a PC if you have one. I do this with my recorded audio and videos recordings recorded on my phone. I don't want the video to spoil somehow, so I just do everything like this thanks to such a cord. Since I run my blog on YouTube, I need these videos that I edit in https://www.movavi.com/videoeditor/ and upload to YouTube. There are a lot of necessary and convenient functions there, so I always edit videos there.