Topic: Usb and Linux

I'm an MPC user that just saw a firmware update grant my MPC access to up to 32 channels of audio via USB.  As long as the audio interface is both USB class complaint and Linux class compliant, I can connect to that interface.  Does anyone know which RME products fit into this category?  I have a RME madi fx card on my PC and was hoping that this update would allow me to bridge the 2 words, but the whole Linux support is making is this next to impossible.

2 (edited by waedi 2021-07-26 15:10:11)

Re: Usb and Linux

The Madiface Pro can work in CC-mode and it has madi.
I can't tell if this would work, sending 32 channels from the PC to the Madiface and from there via CC-mode USB into that MPC.
Edit : 24 channels input and 24 channels output only when in CC-mode.
Is this MPC a Akai MPC ?
Is this running on LINUX ?

The Octamic XTC is also worth to keep an eye on.
But in general, RME-devices-CC-mode is made for iOS iPads or iPhones, how will this work with an MPC ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

The Madiface Pro can work in CC-mode and it has madi.
I can't tell if this would work, sending 32 channels from the PC to the Madiface and from there via CC-mode USB into that MPC.
Edit : 24 channels input and 24 channels output only when in CC-mode.
Is this MPC a Akai MPC ?
Is this running on LINUX ?

The Octamic XTC is also worth to keep an eye on.
But in general, RME-devices-CC-mode is made for iOS iPads or iPhones, how will this work with an MPC ?

Correct! Akai's current lineup of MPCs...the Live\X\One\Live II, now can connect to an audio interface via USB provided that interface is USB Class compliant and Linux class complaint.  The Linux part has been the biggest show stopper as most interfaces don't support it. 

The 24 channels for the madiface pro are 20 madi and 4 analog.  I was hoping to find n interface with a larger madi count in CC mode. 

I've read of users using the Babyface and the UCX in CC mode with their MPC and the MPC recognizes the interface without errors.

I think the OS for the current MPCs is Linux based.  I need madi because I have a Madi FX card so if I can go from MPC USB to PC Madi, I'll be in a fantastic position, but I want to verify the highest possible mdi count I can get in CC mode.

I would ask the local music store for a "try before buy", take the MPC there and make a test for the CC-mode.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue