1 (edited by Charbug 2021-07-25 20:05:44)

Topic: RME UC, TotalMix and REW

I posted this on the Jriver forum and I am out of ideas on getting this to work.  I am hoping someone knows a trick.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index. … 149.0.html

I just posted a link because I can not get images to attach here and the images show good info on the setup

Re: RME UC, TotalMix and REW

I use JRiver as reference player (for RME hardware testing PCM and DSD) regularly, and can't confirm any typical issues. Then I wouldn't use it.

2 comments:

- you use a mixed multiclient ASIO WDM setup. You should make sure the sample rates are identical everywhere.

- already the second pic shows a clear error. You routed the input signal ADAT 3/4 to the ADAT output 3/4, while Loopback is On - that's a digital feedback loop which distorts the recorded signal, and might cause crashes with some apps. The fader in that pic, for the shown routing, must be fully down.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the feedback.  I will look into this.  I am still learning and try and follow the instructions best I can. 
Can I just use ASIO drivers for everything?  For example when I hook my CD player to the SPDIF input, I should be able to route that directly to Jriver and tell Jriver to use ASIO driver on the live in and then Jriver should play it?
WHat am I missing?

I'm just trying to get this setup to work. As you can see in this thread people use loopback to get a piece of hardware to play in jriver. Is there a better tutorial somewhere?
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index. … 054.0.html

I'm stuck with Jriver because it's convolution engine does my crossovers and routes the outputs to the RME and that works. I have read many people that do what I do have better success with lynx products. I like the RME and was planning to get the UCX II but I need to figure this out or do something different. Once I have it setup and working fine I will never screw with it again.

Charbug wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.  I will look into this.  I am still learning and try and follow the instructions best I can. 
Can I just use ASIO drivers for everything?  For example when I hook my CD player to the SPDIF input, I should be able to route that directly to Jriver and tell Jriver to use ASIO driver on the live in and then Jriver should play it?
WHat am I missing?

When JRiver can use the SPDIF input for recording (live input) then there is nothing to 'route' in TotalMix. Instead you select the correct input as Live input within JRiver and that's it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by pschelbert 2021-07-29 10:35:05)

I use RME UFX II and UFX with JRiver and ASIO.

Jriver playing to UFX, UFX II via ASIO works flawless. Also simultaniously recoring and palynig trhrough UFX, UFX II by Soundforge, foobar2000, Vinylstudio.

I use "JRiver Open Live. WASAPI Line-In and ASIO Line-In worked in the past (may be 1 year ago or so). Unfortuneately I do not know what Version it was then. In the menatiem almost everything changed (JRiver version, RME driver, RME FW).

I tried it again yesterday and now JRiver is stuck, error Message: ASIO opening....
(JRiver MC27.0.85 and JRiver MC28.0.44, 32Bit and 64Bit same problem)
It stays with this meassage forever.

I adviced JRiver and they found an issue. Will see when it will be fixed.

However: Open Live WASAPI works

Versions:
UFX II
SW Version: 14
Active Nodes 18
Totalmix: 1.73
Driver: 0.9.735.0

Win7Pro Service Pack1

Re: RME UC, JRiver MC 28, and REW trying to loopback
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2021, 06:41:22 pm »
Thanks for the report.  We found a problem and will look at it tomorrow.  Expect a fix in a few days.

Peter