Topic: Help solving a Routing Issue with UFX, Cubase 10 & Neve 8816 Summing

Hello

The end goal is to be able to hear and use the Cubase Monitor section + sonar works and analyzers

The current routing is:

UFX Output 1+2 Assigned to Monitor out in Cubase

UFX Output 3 routed to kick In Cubase
UFX Output 4 routed to kick In Cubase
UFX Output 5+6 routed to Drums In Cubase etc etc

From The Neve 8816, I send Mix L+R To UFX Inputs 1+2

In Cubase - I have Audio Track (NEVE 8816 PRINT) that receives these UFX 1+2 Inputs and sends Audio to Monitor Out (UFX 1+2)
The Monitor button on this channel is engaged so I can hear the summing box in action.

Now the Problem:
I cant use the Monitor section inserts and hear the Sonarworks/Analyzers etc effecting at all
I believe it is some kind of mistake I make in  RME Total FX configurations, But so far i can't solve it..

If anyone can help it will be great!!!
working without these Tools active will be a big setback...

Kind regards

Re: Help solving a Routing Issue with UFX, Cubase 10 & Neve 8816 Summing

Cubase supports definition of external devices.
The rest is routing in TM FX.

When routing in TM FX think on a per output perspective.
For every output you create an individual submix of
- hw inputs (TM FX top row) and
- sw playbacks (TM FX middle row, from "PC/DAW/Application")

The inputs of the recording interface are easy to handle, audio is always passed through to the application.
TM FX is like a patch bay.
Whatever you send from PC/DAW/Application 1st arrives in TM FX in the middle row under SW playback channels.

Now its your task to click to every HW output (bottom row) and to watch the position of the faders, what you want to hear on that output and what not.
With the little switch "Sub" on the right side you can toggle to see only the HW inputs and SW playbacks from which audio is being routed to that output.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Help solving a Routing Issue with UFX, Cubase 10 & Neve 8816 Summing

Thank you Ramses for this valuable information :-)
I will experiment with that