Topic: Remote controlling Fireface 802 in class compliant mode?

When putting the Fireface 802 into class compliant mode for the use with Linux, is it somehow possible to control things like volume with the ARC USB or a hardware MIDI controller?

Re: Remote controlling Fireface 802 in class compliant mode?

The MIDI features mentioned in the manual for Stand-alone mode are not available in CC mode. The ARC USB won't work as it requires TotalMix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

How can we control things like phantom power on Linux? Is there any protocol we can use to do this?

Is there any possibility of introducing deeper features on the Linux side, such as Phantom power switches, a basic mixer in order to do zero latency monitoring for headphones for musicians. Could it be possible to do them by the linux community under RME control if the manufacturer's resources are not sufficient to fully support Linux systems? Or with some similar pattern, respecting RME rights?

sjzstudio wrote:

Is there any possibility of introducing deeper features on the Linux side, such as Phantom power switches, a basic mixer in order to do zero latency monitoring for headphones for musicians. Could it be possible to do them by the linux community under RME control if the manufacturer's resources are not sufficient to fully support Linux systems? Or with some similar pattern, respecting RME rights?

+1

I really like my RME products but the next time I purchase an audio interface it has to be compatible and fully controllable under Linux. Therefore it might not be an RME product I buy when that time comes.

If the Totalmix fx ipad version can control Fireface devices when they are in Class complian mode. Would it be possible to RME just do a similar version of Totalmix for Linux. Which could use Class compliant drivers and Totalmix fx on Linux.

Using 802 on Linux in Class compliant mode seems difficult. Even now, I can't get sound out of the device. Obviously I need to connect it to some Windows machine again to get the settings changed.

The job of the clown