Topic: UFX II adat problem

Hi
I'm trying to connect my UFX II as the master clock to a Scarlett 18i20 first generation with the software MixControl.
on the ufx I've connected Toslink cable to ADAT out  1 and connected it to the ADAT in the 18i20.
the sample rate is 44100, I can see the signal going in via mix control (horrible software) I can see that my clock is set to SYNC.
my output routing settings are open and I can't see any signal in the totalmix.
what am I missing ?
the Madiface shows no lock , all my correct WDM devices setting are set too. should any of the input, output, clock mode settings should I turn on ?
my totalmix settings are also correct.

what should I do ?

thank you

2 (edited by waedi 2021-08-03 00:06:10)

Re: UFX II adat problem

The clock-mode in the UFX settings should be set to internal.
Thats all.

What signal you expect to see in Totalmix ?
Do you play something from a player or a DAW ? You should play something, try a Youtube video or just a MP3 file.

If you want to receive signals from the Focusrite unit then you have to connect a second toslink cable from focusrite out to UfX In.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by Reflaction 2021-08-03 01:07:31)

the clock mode is set to internal.
I'm playing with some synths via 18i20 and want to record it with ufx and I cant see the incoming signal in the totalmix.

so I should use two Toslink together to get them connected? the setting should stay the same?

and what about NBC cable, is it necessary?

4 (edited by waedi 2021-08-03 01:33:19)

you mean BNC cables. No, not needed here.
Just two toslink cables, no change of clock settings further other than checking that the clock in the Focusrite is set to external adat.
The signals will arrive in the input channels in Totalmix and in the input channels of your DAW at the same time.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Just two toslink cables, no change of clock settings further other than checking that the clock in the Focusrite is set to external adat.
The signals will arrive in the input channels in Totalmix and in the input channels of your DAW at the same time.

Maybi ask why not using the bnc cable ?

Hello!

Reflaction wrote:
waedi wrote:

Maybi ask why not using the bnc cable ?

Because the clock signal is carried, as well, through optical connections! So the devices can be, properly, clocked through ADAT.
Same concept applies to MADI, too, and digital connections in general(AES/EBU, SPDIF, MADI Co-axial)

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Thank you so much for your help!
I will update if i will have an issue