Topic: ADI 2 pro Fs R black edition

Hello,

I try to make digital recording possible via the RME ADI 2 pro FS R BE.

Settings seems to be simple, logic audio via SPL mercury USB audio, to analog chain, resulting in 2 analog inputs Neve MBC.

Output digital Neve MBC to RME digital input, all settings seems to be correct, clock, mode, setting, it all does seems to be alright.

However, I try to record that digital signal from the Neve MBC into a stand alone windows laptop running Wave lab pro 10

I tried everything, multimode ect ect, but I can not found anything how to setup the RME for transferring the digital recording into Wave Lab pro 10.

The ADI-2 Dac offers a page recording digital signal via USB as an unique parameter, the Black edition, does not have it all.

Any recommendations to make it work like this? greetings Hans Willem Mallon

2 (edited by KaiS 2021-08-05 00:09:57)

Re: ADI 2 pro Fs R black edition

Which “Mode” (manual page 36ff) did you choose?
Not every mode offers the digital input signal on USB.

Try “Class Compliant Multi-channel mode”, manual page 40.

Do you see your signal in ADI-2 Pro’s main screen meter/analyser, can you hear it from the headphones 3/4 outputs (select correct input for headphones 3/4).

Did you select the correct inputs in Wavelab, AES would be RME...3/4, SPDIF RME...5/6?

Hello, in auto mode the digital signal should be transmitted via the USB recording setting as well, but unfortunately I only see that option in the other RME ADI models, at YouTube there is a tutorial which point it out very clear. I only hope that someone can tell me how to do it in simple instructions. I am not that handy with RME to be honest. :-)

4 (edited by KaiS 2021-08-05 00:30:54)

hwmallon wrote:

Hello, in auto mode the digital signal should be transmitted via the USB recording setting as well, but unfortunately I only see that option in the other RME ADI models, at YouTube there is a tutorial which point it out very clear. I only hope that someone can tell me how to do it in simple instructions. I am not that handy with RME to be honest. :-)

I did, as simple as possible.

Please read the few pages mentioned and follow my advice.
I have no idea what “Auto” offers or not.

If factory default doesn’t work, there’s no way around to spend half an hour to find out how to operate ADI-2 Pro, it’s worth the effort.
ADI-2 Pro is very versatile, in fact the “Modes“ change it into different devices, kind of.

Forget YouTube tutorials, mostly a waste of time, reading is faster.
The user manual, opposed to other companies’, is very comprehensive and informative.

Thank you very much, unfortunately I have dyslexia, I strongly believe your brief advise and I am very thankful, but I need someone who can make for example a small video from the treatment options I have to do. I use a voice audio translation module, so it is quit remarkable for the fact that I have to read the manual while it is almost impossible for me to read the words itself. Maybe someone else here has experience with the RME Adi 2 pro Fs R black edition. To be honest I am stressing out for a few days now. :-(
Thank you again for your kind help KaiS from Germany