Topic: Any news on UFX+ II?

It's been 5 years since UFX+ came out, my current interface is having some issue, I plan to get UFX+ as a replacement (but doesn't have to be tomorrow, I can still wait a bit as I have an old Apogee as backup)

But I kinda don't want to get the UFX+ tomorrow and only to find out UFX+ II is around the corner and coming out at the end of the year or next month.....

Does anyone know any news whether an updated version with Steadyclock FS or any other improvement is in the oven?

Re: Any news on UFX+ II?

I really don't think RME will reveal anything beforehand.  Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the recent worldwide issues with obtaining components (that every developer is facing right now) will likely push back - perhaps considerably - the release of many hardware products/refreshes....so my opinion is that you'd be pretty safe to get the current UFX+.  Just my 2c and I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though!

As an example: I pre-ordered a new wireless MIDI product by CME that was supposed to begin shipping in August.  However, the cost of some components has risen more than 10-fold and are still extremely difficult to source in the required quantities....so the ship date has now been pushed to September and possibly (probably?) later.  And this product is nowhere near as complex as a UFX+.

Re: Any news on UFX+ II?

Maddcow wrote:

I really don't think RME will reveal anything beforehand.  Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the recent worldwide issues with obtaining components (that every developer is facing right now) will likely push back - perhaps considerably - the release of many hardware products/refreshes....so my opinion is that you'd be pretty safe to get the current UFX+.  Just my 2c and I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though!

As an example: I pre-ordered a new wireless MIDI product by CME that was supposed to begin shipping in August.  However, the cost of some components has risen more than 10-fold and are still extremely difficult to source in the required quantities....so the ship date has now been pushed to September and possibly (probably?) later.  And this product is nowhere near as complex as a UFX+.

Thanks, man, I figure as much, I just bought the UFX+, I definitely would love the SteadyClock FS version and TB3 version of it but on second thought, the current-gen is absolutely good enough for me.