Topic: look for new interface/ controlling phantom power?

Hi,

I'm looking for new interface. Good that many interfaces have a class compliant mode, but i see no switches on main fronts (ucx,ufx,802,..) for +48V/phantom power.

i would think it's impossible to turn on/off phantom power? which is a very basic feature of a interface with XLR inputs?

Re: look for new interface/ controlling phantom power?

There are no physical switches, but every device with a display will let you control phantom power in the setup.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

There are no physical switches, but every device with a display will let you control phantom power in the setup.

ok, i was hoping on 802 also, but no display so no possibility.

4 (edited by sjzstudio 2021-08-10 10:20:01)

Anyone who has viewed pictures of the Ipad Totalmix fx app will immediately realize that this is not anything other than a remote control app. It is able to control the internal mixer of these usb devices even if the device is in Class compliant mode. Otherwise, it would be impossible to use the devices with the Ipad because they are used in Class compliant mode.

In light of this, it may not be impossible to make a similar application for Linux. And there is no need to reveal any industry secrets to anyone. It is a matter of will. But for some reason it seems awfully difficult. And terribly expensive. But it is also expensive to buy these devices.