Topic: Two RME interfaces connected via ADAT possible?

Hi,

I currently use a UFX+ as my main interface in standalone mode (controlled by an iPad) with all my synths plugged in via 4 x MADI to analogue converters (Ferrofish A16 mk2).

However, I have an Akai MPC X which recently achieved the ability to connect to a Class Compliant audio interface for extra I/O. I'd like to connect it to something like a UFX II - which has 2 x ADAT I/O. I'd like to connect the ADAT I/Os of this to the ADAT of the UFX+ for 16 channels of lightpipe to my main interface.

Is this possible? Or would both the UFX+ and the UFX II be fighting to be the ADAT clock master?

Thank you!

Re: Two RME interfaces connected via ADAT possible?

UFX+ clock-mode set to internal,
UFX ll clock-mode set to external adat optical.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

UFX+ clock-mode set to internal,
UFX ll clock-mode set to external adat optical.

Thank you very much Waedi!

auricle wrote:

However, I have an Akai MPC X which recently achieved the ability to connect to a Class Compliant audio interface for extra I/O. I'd like to connect it to something like a UFX II - which has 2 x ADAT I/O. I'd like to connect the ADAT I/Os of this to the ADAT of the UFX+ for 16 channels of lightpipe to my main interface.

Is this possible? Or would both the UFX+ and the UFX II be fighting to be the ADAT clock master?

Thank you!

The release notes for MPC 2.8 sound more like that, that you can only connect class compliant MIDI-devices (not audio devices). I would check this upfront with Akai support or your dealer.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13