Topic: logic does not recognize Octamic channels

I've hooked up an Octamic to an UFX+ using MADI.
TotalMix works fine.

Logic does not recognize the Octamic channels. What box do I tick?

2 (edited by waedi 2021-08-18 19:07:26)

Re: logic does not recognize Octamic channels

Sometimes the input channel number in Totalmix is not exact the same as in Logic.
When a signal is visible in a Totalmix channel it is also available in a Logic input channel.
You have to find the right number. It can be two numbers shifted.
If you are lost you can do this trick :
Create 24 audio mono channels and let Logic set the inputs automatic, by default it is set this way.
Logic creates 24 channels numbered from input 1 to 24.
Then you have to arm all channels for recording at once and voila, you can see every incoming signal.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanx. I tried your trick ... no logic input channel up to 50 recognizes the Octomic. The UFX+ works as usual.
Could it be something to do with logic?

You can use DigiCheck or Reaper to verify that the ADAT channel 1 input is coming in on channel 15 through CoreAudio.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ADAT channel 1 works fine. I have a Firaface 800 hooked up via ADAT optical for my headphome mixes. ADAT 1 input is my talkback mic.

I'm running on Big Sur, and DigiCheck is not supported, so it tells me.

So you use an OctaMic XTC? MADI input is SYNC in the Settings dialog? And the XTC input signal is shown on the MADI input channel of TM FX? At 44/48 kHz? Then MADI channel 1 is input channel 31. Wasn't there a stripped down Logic version that is limited in channel count?

DigiCheck NG for Big Sur can be downloaded from our website.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What exactly would you expect to be "recognized", what does that refer to?
Does it work in Reaper?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Just downloaded DigiCheck NG ... as usual with RME, a great tool (but as usual with a somewhat tech-heavy language to go along with it - have you guys ever thought of letting a musician write a manual for your gear?)

Anyway, after a little fiddling I found what I wanted: MADI 1 comes in on Logic 31 ... problem solved.

Thanx to MC